Regarding Ted Cruz, You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet

Rush Limbaugh said someone he thought was his friend texted the following during Cruz’s speech suspending his campaign.  “Thank God Cruz is done!  I couldn’t be happier.  Listening to his sap makes me sick.”  Rush said the text made him furious.

Here is the line in Cruz’s speech that ticked off Rush’s once assumed friend.

There is no substitute for victory. There is no substitute for the America that each and every one of us loves with all our heart, that we believe in with all our heart, and that together we will restore as a shining city on the hill for every generation to come.

Ted Cruz Smiling
Anyone repulsed by Cruz’s statement is not my patriot brother or sister.

Political analysts and pundits are chiming in, criticizing “Ted Cruz” the person for not being enough of this or too much of that.  Keeping silent, I roll my eyes and tune them out.  Trying to change these super-smart political expert minds would be fruitless.

I will concede that the Cruz campaign may or may not have made a few missteps.  But with Trump out there breaking every campaigning rule in the book and speaking off the top of his head, don’t tell me Cruz blew it because he was not a perfect enough candidate, too this or not enough that.

For crying out loud, Ted Cruz is an awesome human being.  Period!  The man walks tall.  In debating issues vital to our country, Cruz is peerless.  When called upon to stand up for We the People, he truly is “Lion Ted.”  Therefore, I will not criticize Ted.  Nor will I agree with those criticizing Ted for being who he is.

This remarkable man deserves so much better.

For years, I have lamented our side’s pattern of trashing and throwing our heroes under the bus.  Sharron Angle, Joe Miller, Chris McDaniel, and Sarah Palin to name a few.  First we whine about the GOP establishment being complicit in furthering the Democrat/left’s agenda.  Courageous, sincere patriots, committed to breaking the GOP’s pattern of betrayal, step up and enter into the extremely leftist-favored political arena.

When our conservative gladiators enter the arena, Democrats, the left, the GOP establishment, and mainstream media team up to stop and destroy them forever.  The evil coalition launches its standard 24/7 character assassination shock-and-awe attack.  Phase two includes endless absurd lies and extremely well funded dirty tricks.  Whenever one of our candidates falls short of winning due to the behemoth opposing them, our advisers and voters blame the candidate for being too this or not enough of that.  Then we throw our courage warriors on the junk heap of tainted and forever unelectable conservatives.  In other words, if only our candidate would have mastered politically walking on water, we could have won or retained the seat.  The disloyalty sickens me.

This political season, many voters threw social and moral issues out the window.  For the most part, Cruz stood alone vowing to investigate Planned Parenthood’s horrific dead-baby-body-parts-chop-shop business, apparently a non-issue with many voters.  Cruz recognized and vowed to fight LGBT activists’ aggressive assault on our religious liberty, silencing and jailing Christians.  Apparently defending religious liberty is a non-issue with many evangelicals.

In essence, many voters shouted, “No, not this man.  Give us Barabbas!”  This is the truth of how many voted.

I also reject conventional wisdom that says Cruz is done, too damaged to be the leader of a national resurgence of conservatism.  Hogwash!

Over sixty years of life experiences have taught me to trust God.  I am telling you, folks – there is something truly unique and special about Ted Cruz, an anointing on his life.  Ted is still a young man.  At some point, Cruz will come back shining brighter, bigger, and better.  Great leaders are always hated and despised because they are a threat to lesser men.  Eagles really do fly alone.  Thank God for giving Ted Heidi, his strong “helpmeet.”

My prayer is that despite unimaginable pressure to conform to the Washington cartel status quo, Ted will remain a peerless, fearless warrior for We the People and a defender of our Constitution.  I am pretty confident that Ted will always be our Ted.  Still, I call upon all believers to keep Ted and his family in their prayers.

Regarding Ted Cruz, you ain’t seen nothing yet.

Lloyd Marcus, The Unhyphenated American
Chairman: The Conservative Campaign Committee
LloydMarcus.com

9 comments for “Regarding Ted Cruz, You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet

1. May 9, 2016 at 2:02 pm

CRUZ IS MY #1… That said if Trump wins it he gets my vote… period… NOHILLARYEVER.

2. Bobbie
    May 9, 2016 at 2:48 pm

Lloyd, I totally agree with all you said about Ted Cruz. I am disappointed that Indiana didn’t see him like we do. I trust that God has a plan for Ted and pray for him. In the Old Testament, there were 10 kings total. Only 2 were good kings and that was when the Israelites were behaving themselves. I believe God is in control and I know He has a plan. Whatever the plan is will be perfect because He is perfect. We as a nation, have failed God. At some point, I am sure that “the Donald” is going to disappoint the people and hopefully they will have learned a lesson. The only thing I needed to know about Ted Cruz was that most everyone in DC hated him. That was enough for me to know he was “my man”. Your article is wonderful!

3. CarolTexas
    May 9, 2016 at 3:43 pm

I believe that Ted is going to rise up and defeat Trump before this is over. I have purposed to continue to pray and believe for Ted to be the nominee. I love my nation, my family, and JESUS too much to quit. It is not over. I think Ted’s greatest hour is ahead and that Jesus will get the glory. Trump believes he has already won and he is destroying himself by the hour when he is awake. If the Trump worshippers can not see his self destruction and the coming destruction of this nation, then deception is their choice. But we must pray for deception to go and for our nation to have a real chance to rise up in this critical time in all the world. JUST PRAY and BELIEVE and get ready to ROLL!!!!!

4. william wollmuth
    May 10, 2016 at 6:23 am

I totally disagree — everyone who has worked with TED says hes dangerous unlikable and an ego maniac also he calculatedly railed against the loretta lynch nomination and then failed to show up to vote against her that is when TED lost me for good !! he refused to vote against a fellow lawyer who has like a totalitarian fascist caused much harm using her powers of civil asset seizure against too many americans and then bragged about it !!! and TED what did he do ? he turned tail and ran !! also TED voted for amnesty for illegals, the expansion of the H1B foreign guest worker program and also for the TPP which would ship even more American jobs overseas… I think you really need to watch “Requiem for the American Dream” now available on NETFLIX a documentary of Noam Chomsky and get a clue as to how the establishment left and right are in collusion to take away americans civil rights and liberties, and turn america into a totalitarian fascist state. You really need to wake up buddy and smell the tyanny — and from where I sit Ted Cruz is just another pawn ans is playing his part well — or maybe he is another clandestine operative pretending to be a misguided patriotic american — whatever you may think or like about Ted, TED CRUZ is for too much that is against the hearts and desires of the American people.

5. May 13, 2016 at 8:43 pm

Actually, comment 4 is a copy of comment 3. I totally agree with Rush, Lloyd, Bobbie and Carol. I love the way Ted raises his fist and shouts “God Bless America”. He is a Constitutional Scholar. I love the way he stands up for what he believes. Ted loves this Country and would make a great President. Great article, Mr. Lloyd Marcus.

6. May 21, 2016 at 8:32 am

Lloyd: I am from Indiana and I too believe Ted has a tremendous amount to offer. Thanks for remaining true to the cause.

Joe

7. Chris
    May 21, 2016 at 9:09 am

“everyone who has worked with TED says hes dangerous unlikable”

If you take the word of John Boehner, Mitch McConnell, Harry Reid, etc. Sure.

If you take the word of a stalwart Conservative like Mike Lee, then you know that Ted is the most solid Conservative ally you could hope to have when battling for the Constitution.

“he calculatedly railed against the loretta lynch nomination and then failed to show up to vote against her”

Give me a break. Ted tried to rally others against her, but the RINOs secured her nomination. Ted being there to render a “show vote” would have been meaningless when he had other things he needed to accomplish.

Ted Cruz could do everything perfectly and you would characterize it as “calculated”.

Whatever. Personally, I look at a person’s record. If that person does what he/she says in a consistent way over the years, I support that person. Trump has been a liar and a phony. Where he hasn’t been a phony has been in his support for liberal politicians and their policies. In that he’s totally genuine.

8. May 21, 2016 at 3:23 pm

Lloyd, I appreciate your dedicated work for the Ted Cruz campaign. I made few donations, but that is nothing compared to working in the field for months in an effort which must have ended in heartbreak. Still, you and your team fought the good fight. And Ted Cruz will be back.

I am just a retired philosophy professor from upstate New York, who has watched the campaign from its beginnings. You must realize how hard it is to assess a politician’s character from a distance. The flaws in Donald Trump are there for all to see who are not blind, summarized with brutal truthfulness by Senator Cruz after the Indiana primary.

But it took time for me to come to the firm conclusion that Ted Cruz is a man of honor whose primary “crime” has been to keep his promises and live according to faith and principle in a context where most people compromise their principles on a daily basis. I am sure that God does have a plan for Ted to contribute to the good of this great nation in the future. Hopefully, it may yet be as president of the United States of America.

9. Joanne Tellez Giron
    May 25, 2016 at 2:26 pm

I also believe that “Lion Ted” will be back and I truly admire him as the strong conservative that he is. No doubt in my mind that “we haven’t seen anything yet.” This article was spot on. When the Senator is ready to “run” again, I’ll be standing by to support him.