Cruz, Trump, Blue Dog and Louisiana Gumbo

Ted Cruz Louisiana Sign Wave 1

To all you Trumpsters who have suggested that I eat excrement and die for supporting Ted Cruz, I still love ya’. I share your pain. For seven years, I have been traveling the country attending over 500 Tea Party rallies, fought to stop Obamacare, fought to stop Obama’s insane Iran nuke deal, fought to defund Planned Parenthood and written countless articles. Like many of you, I donated funds and worked my butt off to give the GOP control of the House and Senate.

And yet, the GOP has failed to deliver on its promise to stop Obama’s amnesty and illegal immigration; failed to stop Obama’s anti-Christian, anti-American and far left radical agenda – his vowed fundamental transformation of America. The GOP has made it clear that they never shared our desire for smaller government and are conspiring with Democrats to thwart the will of We the People. Thus, I share your anger, outrage and pain.

But brothers and sisters, Trump is not the answer. In the recent GOP debate, Trump did not denounce the NY Times accusation that he told them he will not hold true to his campaign promises regarding deporting illegals and building a wall. Trump has begun using the word “compromise” a lot. That is scary folks.

Sen Ted Cruz is hands down the one Tea Party candidate we sent to Washington who has kept his word on every issue. And yet, some of you have expressed a vitriolic irrational hatred for the man. I simply do not get it. You go out of your way to find and spin things to disqualify Cruz. Meanwhile, Trump continues to sound more and more liberal-lite and you guys ignore it.

Ted Cruz Louisiana Blue DogWell, I will cut to the chase. I believe much of the opposition to Cruz is spiritual. Cruz is a strong unapologetic man of faith and that just rubs some folks the wrong way. However, I do not believe those folks are a majority. With the cultural rot dominating and eating away at the fabric of our flag and country, Americans long for some good old fashion mom, apple pie and John Wayne goodness.

I am standing with Ted Cruz folks. I pray y’all will do the same.

Our Conservative Campaign Committee team arrived in Louisiana and did a sign wave for Cruz. We ate gumbo at Blue Dog Cafe. The walls were covered with prints of the famous Blue Dog by Louisiana artist Rodrigue. While waiting for my food, I used the crayons they provided to recruit the Blue Dog for Cruz, at least at our table.

Lloyd Marcus, The Unhyphenated American

Chairman: The Conservative Campaign Committee

7 comments for “Cruz, Trump, Blue Dog and Louisiana Gumbo

1. March 4, 2016 at 3:23 pm

Glad to hear it! I made the decision to support Cruz in the last few weeks and haven’t regretted it. I supported his senate run in 2012 and after going back to review his time in DC, I’ve found that he’s done exactly what he said he would do. Go Ted Cruz!

2. Arlene Ruckle
    March 4, 2016 at 3:24 pm

So sorry my fellow Americans are so ignorant to you and also to the Republicans. Sorry at this time I can’t support Ted Cruz, I don’t like his campaigning antics and I don’t believe he will close the border and deport the illegals. This is the main reason I am supporting Trump. My daughter has a class of 42 pre-K students and fifteen of them can’t speak English. My grandson has lost job after job because the illegals work cheaper. .Building the wall and deporting the illegals are my priorities. I will support Cruz if he wins the nomination. A prediction for the future; if things continue the way they are going today the Republican party is dead and a new party spurned by the Tea Party will be born.

• David Sherer
      March 4, 2016 at 7:32 pm

You are a blithering idiot Arlene and part of the problem.

“Ted Cruz is a fake Christian who doesn’t tithe enough, so I’m voting for Trump who rejects God’s forgiveness.”

“I hate Marco Rubio because he was for amnesty, so I’m voting Trump who donated money to help most of those gang of 8 guys elected.”

“John Kasich is pro-Obamacare so he sucks, that’s why I’m voting Trump, who’s for single-payer healthcare.”

“I hate the GOP establishment always betraying conservatives so I’m voting Trump, who’s to the Left of them all.”

“I hate low-information voters that’s why I’m voting Trump even though I don’t know where he stands on anything.”

“Obama’s cult of personality is pathetic, that’s why I’m on the Trump train to make America Great Again.”

“I’m pro-life, that’s why I’m voting for Trump, who Planned Parenthood says is their favorite Republican.”

“I’m an evangelical, that’s why I’m voting Trump who’s okay with me being put in jail for what I believe.”

“Man, I’m tired of corporatists buying off politicians, so I’m voting for Trump, a billionaire corporatist who buys off politicians.”

“I’m tired of Obama betraying Israel, that’s why I’m voting Trump, who said Israel has to give up more to Islamists.”

“Obama’s Iran deal is dangerous, that’s why I’m voting Trump who said he wouldn’t tear it up day one as president.”

• Cheri Galvan
      March 5, 2016 at 1:52 am

You do realize that Trump has changed his position again..and is not going to deport the illegals, right? PAY attention! This election is too important..and if you have’s should be MORE important to you who is appointed to the Supreme Court! His “campaign antics” as you call it were terminated when a staffer was let go for not treating others with respect..Why do you not SEE what a vile, vulgar man you are endorsing? Your grandkids should be embarrassed for you..and what you are doing to them..

3. Kelly
    March 4, 2016 at 7:22 pm

Arlene, you don’t like Ted Cruz’s campaign antics, but you’re totally fine with Trump’s? Trump started all the mudslinging for crying out loud! Cruz is much more likely to follow through on his promises. Did you even read the article or listen to Trump backtracking last night? I do not get this. It is mind boggling. Pass the Tylenol!

4. Sarah McDowell
    March 4, 2016 at 8:31 pm

Welcome to Louisiana!!! 🙂 Have a good time. My husband and me will be voting for #TedCruz #TrusTED tomorrow. Ted Cruz is a true conservative with a backbone and will stand for freedom, our Constitution, and America!! Go Cruz!!! 🙂

5. Ray
    March 5, 2016 at 12:00 pm

Trump, Cruz, Rubio, lol, look at us at each others throats, we look worse than the intolerant left at times. Lets get behind who we feel will be the best nominee and show the world why as Conservatives who believe in the whole constitution (i.e. Free speech) Our enemy is not each other, we will surely fall if divided, lets fix our house. I am in Alabama and have already cast my vote. for those who have not, pray and study and trust your gut. no matter who gets the nominee, we must unite, we can not do 4 years of Hillary. Dang, reaching for rolaids just thinking about it.