Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day: Great Turnout, Few Blacks In My Town

Mary and I had lunch at Chick-fil-A, Saxon Blvd, Orange City, Florida. Wow! The line wrapped around the building. Someone reported the line began forming at 6am.

The atmosphere was that of a family reunion; a fellowship event of various churches and Tea Party activists. Despite the traffic jams and having to wait in the Florida heat, the crowd was upbeat and courteous.

The crowd applauded and cheered when a Colonel Sanders look-a-like showed up in support of the cause.

Chatting with the crowd, I learned that numerous local churches were represented.

I hate to bring this up. But I thought, where are the black people. Ninety-nine percent of the crowd was white or Hispanic. There is a local black church with a huge congregation in my community. Where were they? Black folks do not support same sex marriage. So, why were they not standing in solidarity at Chick-fil-A.

I realize black pastors across America have joined together to protest the Obama administration’s support of same sex marriage. But in my town, only a few showed up to support Chick-fil-A. Do many blacks feel it traitorous to stand with whites against anything that reflects poorly on the Obama administration.

I am not putting these black Christians down. I simply wish to know what it will take to get them on board standing side by side with fellow Americans for Godly principles.

Lloyd Marcus, Proud Unhyphenated American
Chairman of The CampaignToDefeatObama.com
LloydMarcus.com

8 comments for “Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day: Great Turnout, Few Blacks In My Town

1. firstHat
    August 2, 2012 at 3:22 pm

The crowd in my generally liberal and VERY Democratic NJ town was about 1/3 Black. Perhaps that helps ease your concern a bit?

2. Jim
    August 3, 2012 at 11:05 am

It was a great pleasure to meet you and Mary at the Saxon Ave Chick-Fil-A on Wednesday. It was a pleasant surprise for sure! I’m glad I got a picture with you to share with my friends. You are a true patriot and I am greatly appreciative for all you do for our country. God bless you and Mary! Jim

3. Mudbug Mama
    August 3, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Lloyd, just wanted to take a moment and say how much I enjoy your articles/commentary. And it’s not because you are black making conservative statements, BUT because your commentary/articles are always filled with common sense, insight and dignity. Keep it up please!!!

4. Fay
    August 3, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Mr. Marcus, What a privilege to read about one who has an open-mind and who sees the color “flesh” when looking at our fellow man. This color was created in the box of 40 crayons in 1949. It was then removed from the crayon box in 1962 and was renamed “peach”. God made man and he called him “Flesh”. Since then, we have somewhere along the way termed him “Black or White, etc.” I thought we had finally gotten over the “race issue”, to accept that we were all created equals…as mere flesh, but it appears that Barack Obama has a real hang-up, and loves to recede into the dark realm of “division and strife” as most benefits him. May we ignore the lack of integrity on his part, however, and stay united as AMERICANS, rather than Republicans, Democrats, Independents, or Tea party folks, and love one and all. I am suggesting that we build the “KEYSTONE PIPELINE.” I suggest that each of us, as one human made of flesh, connect our purpose and will as Americans to another person, from the north to the south, and the east to the west all across this great nation. May we connect person to person and flesh to flesh. May our unity be our form of “Keystone Pipeline” as we recommit to God and Country and take this great country back for righteousness sake Thank you .

5. jubilee
    August 4, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Yeah, it’s sad that more ‘black churches’ and other black conservatives dont go this way. I think they are just listening to the mainstream media only, and everything else is ‘white’ its CRAZY
    Then you have the loopy ‘white’ church in MS who wouldnt marry a black couple even though the bride went to church there, because the white pastor was afraid of 6 racist people in his congregation. That church is a Southern Baptist church and there denomination has a black president now.
    There are homosexuals at Chick Fil As that arent into the politics and work there. Mr. Cathy doesnt discriminate (I hate the fact that homosexuals use black civil rights as their plank, even the ‘gay’ flag was representation of multiethnic black/white families in the 70s but havent caught on–their symbol was a purple triangle, remember?)
    All Mr. Cathy said was he honored marriage, said what it was and that they were married to their FIRST WIVES. Hey, If he closed the business on sunday, thats an honor to GOD . Even department stores used to be closed on sunday unless you were a Jew or Seventh day adventist—()

6. jubilee
    August 4, 2012 at 10:01 pm

oops..i’m black BTW just to let you know. Do you also remember it wasnt until the late 80s early 90s that homosexuals wanted even to get married? I think it was the lesbians who started it first, because ‘most’ women want marriage, then homosexuals wanted it too. One thing though, lesbians and homosexuals are very different and people seem to lump the two together (conservatives and LGBTQs)

7. SLS
    August 5, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Lloyd,

You might want to check out this video clip on Breitbart. It would be very illuminating to your dad.